- The Division founded on October 01,1988 according to the Resolution of the 10th Vietsovpetro’s Council.
- Certification of satisfying requirements of the management system ISO 9001:2000, approved by BVQI on September 07, 2004.
- Certification of capability to maintain and test fire-fighting equipments and breathing apparatus, approved by Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, Japan on May 07, 2007
- Certification of rotary drilling well control assessment centre for the period of the International Well Control Forum (IWCF), approved on 9th August 2007.
- The engineering staff has the experience and training to find solutions to the difficult emergency situations that today’s highly petroleum industry demands
The main tasks of The Safety and Environmental Protection Division (SEPD) in oil and gas drilling, production activities on onshore and offshore facilities of J.V. Vietsovpetro are :
- To undertake the safety for personnel and assets by inspecting, controlling and training personnel to comply with HSE laws, rules and regulations and to be completely focused on improving the safety and health of its employees and co-workers and the protection of the environment.
- To respond with anti-blowout, firefighting and oil spill response.
The staff has national and international certificates of anti-blowouts, firefighting and oil spill response. SEPD has the basic for standard equipment available to respond any emergency event happening to the oil and gas drilling and production process. SEPD is very pleased to provide services to customers in the above mentioned business.
The Safety and Environmental Protection Center
105 Le Loi, Vung Tau City, Vietnam
Telex : 641.045 VSP-VT
Tel : 84–64–3839871